Thursday, September 11, 2008

ONIONS

We pulled our onions up last weekend & got this wagon load!

We got 3 WalMart bags full! And they were heavy bags. I had to carry them in the house one at a time & I can't believe they didn't break the bottom of the sacks open.
To show how cost effective gardening is, I think we paid $2.25 for the onion set we planted. I can't imagine how much it would cost to buy three heavy WalMart bags full at the store!
Here they are washed & drying on the counter. I let them dry completely & then put them in onions sacks that I have saved. I keep them in a in a dark cabinet (with our potatoes) & they should last a really long time. I doubt they'll last the whole winter because I use onions so much. But they'll last a good long time that's for sure!
I really have been thanking the LORD daily for such a bountiful harvest!

1 comment:

nicole said...

I can not believe all of those onions. Aren't you glad you don't have to buy them:)