Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Coffee Chocolate Bundt Cake from Amish Friendship Bread Starter

Coffee-Chocolate Bundt Cake (made from Amish Friendship Bread starter)

On day 10, after you have "fed your starter" & seperated new starters into different bags, there should be about 1 cup of starter left in your bowl.
To this add:
1 cup of oil (or 1/2 cup applesauce & 1/2 cup oil)
1/2 cup milk
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Mix this well with your wooden (or plastic) spoon.

In a separate bowl, mix:
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 large box chocolate instant pudding
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3 t. instant coffee
1/2 C. chocolate chips

Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture & mix thoroughly. Pour into a well greased & lightly floured bundt pan. Bake at 325 for 1 hour. Cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan.

When cake has cooled (it could still be warm if you'd like...YUM) drizzle it with a powdered sugar glaze. We still had coffee in the coffee maker, so I put a teaspoon (or so) of brewed coffee into a half a cup or so of powdered sugar. Oh....it was so good!

I just made one of these again yesterday & put it in our freezer for a rainy day.
I also put my starter in the freezer...I need a break from it for a while. I've been making Amish Friendship Bread every 10 days since May 3rd! Besides, I have zucchini coming out of my ears again, so it's time to start baking zucchini bread & zucchini oatmeal muffins & put them in the freezer too. I still have a few pictures of the different variations of this Amish Friendship Bread, so I'll still post them when I get around to it, even though I'm DONE baking it for a while. :)