Sunday, September 30, 2007

Crawfish Gravy


I found this recipe on the back of a package of crawfish, but have never seen it since. I made it once, but didn't keep the recipe on the package, & now the recipe has never been on the package since then. I've done many searches & haven't found the exact recipe. But I think I've come close.

Crawfish gravy
1 lg. onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
2 cloved garlic, minced
1/2 c. celery, chopped
1 stick of butter
2 tomatoes, minced *or* 1 can chopped tomatoes with juice
1 lb. cooked crawfish
garlic salt
seasoned salt
1 T. Old Bay Seasoning (or more to taste)
pepper
1 T. lemon juice
few shakes of tobasco

Saute onion, bell pepper, garlic, & celery. Add tomatoes & continue cooking for 5 minutes. Add crawfish, & seasonings. Bring to a boil, reduce heat & simmer for 1 hour. I play around with the seasonings. I think you can pretty much add what you like. Most recipes call for this to be served over rice or potatoes. None of us really like rice here, so we eat this on mashed potatoes. It is SO good.

No comments: