Monday, March 10, 2008

CREAMED PEAS

You either love 'em or hate 'em....
but I love 'em. :)
So here's my recipe for creamed peas
2 cans of sweet peas, drained (can use frozen)
1 t. sugar
2 T. butter
2 T. flour
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1 1/2 C. milk
1/2 t. dill weed (optional)
Cook peas according to directions, adding the sugar. (the sugar is listed in my recipe, but to tell the truth...I always forget it. Always. lol....I don't add sugar to veggies... ) Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan; add flour, salt & pepper to form a paste. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Add dill; cook until thickened & bubbly. Add peas, stir & serve!
You could also make this creamed peas & potatoes. Only use 1 can of peas in this recipe, & boil 4 medium red (or any really) cubed potatoes until tender & add them in with the peas.
And my favorite...
I put left-overs on toast. Yes, I do. It's very good. It's comfort food!
(I know my bread in the picture doesn't look toasted, but it is. lol)

No comments: