Monday, January 21, 2008

Ashley's Chicken


I got this recipe from Ashley over at wah about a year ago. She said this is the way her grandmother used to make it & is her favorite way to have chicken. I have to say it is probably my favorite too.
The directions are easy.
Let chicken soak in buttermilk for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Drain the milk & dip each piece of chicken into an egg. Then coat in crushed cornflakes.
Place on a cookie sheet & drizzle with melted butter & bake until done.
In the above picture, I used 2 packages of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I cut them into pieces that are bigger than nuggets, maybe more like 'chicken strips'.
We really like this! And last evening I served it with homemade KFC cole slaw.
SO GOOD!
THANK YOU ASHLEY!!!!!

5 comments:

Windy said...

That is easy!! I can do this!!! You're the best Jane! And Ashley too! =)

Unknown said...

That looks so delicious. I wish I had chicken breasts in my freezer!!!

just us said...

AWWWW! I'm honored!
I DO love it.
I bought corn flakes the other day. I think I'll make it this weekend!
I'll send you some more recipes so you can brag on me some more! *giggles* ;)

Jane said...

Go ahead & send me ANY recipes you want, Ashley! :)

Dawn said...

I made these the other day. We absolutely LOVED them!!! Thank you again for posting an awesome recipe Jane. And thank YOU Ashley for sharing it. Yummmmmmeeeeee!