Friday, July 13, 2007

Throw-together supper

More bounty from the garden:
We love steamed broccoli. My mom gave me a steamer that had been her mom's. I also got her small roasting pan. These are the only things I have from my grandma; I like using them.
I took the lid off for just a minute for this picture:

I didn't have anything planned for supper last evening, but knew I wanted to steam some fresh broccoli. Then I thought of throwing some oven fries in the oven.

Oven Fries:

Potatoes (I use 7 or 8 for family of 4)
1/3 cup olive or canola oil
salt & pepper
onion salt
garlic salt
season salt
parsley
Italian seasoning

Wash, peel, & cut potatoes into large fries. Stir in all ingredients. Bake at 425 for 25-35 minutes, stirring occasionally.

We LOVE these.

I needed a main dish. lol I looked through the freezer & found BBQ that I made in May & I froze the leftovers with my sealer thingy. BBQ was a boneless pork roast cooked in the crockpot all day. Then shredded & added 2 jars of K.C. Masterpiece BBQ sauce & put back in the crockpot for an hour. YUM...)

So here's our throw-together supper:



No comments: