Thursday, July 12, 2007

MORE ZUCCHINI


Do you think I have enough zucchini? ROTFLOL I had to find a place to put it all....
I love zucchini. I love it fried, escpecially as Deep Fried Zucchini Sticks





These are cut like big oven fries, dipped in egg, then dipped it Italian bread crumbs. They fry up in 2 or 3 minutes in the deep fryer., maybe that's part of why I like it this way so much...it's quick & easy & clean up isn't as bad as when you fry a few skillets full. lol



But here's the pie. I love this pie. :)



ZUCCHINI PIE


4 c. thinly slice zucchini

1 c. chopped onions

1/4 to 1/2 c margarine

1/2 c. chopped fresh parsley of 2 T. dried parsley

1/2 t. salt

1/2 t. pepper

1/4 t. garlic salt

1/4 t. basil

1/4 t. oregano

2 eggs, beaten

2 c. grated cheddar or jack cheese

Dijon mustard

Deep dish pie crust, frozen or homemade


Prepare homemade crust or allow frozen crust to thaw. Preheat oven to 375.

In a large skillet saute the zucchini & onions in the margarine for about 10 minutes or until softened . (I also added half of a green pepper, diced) Add the spices & stir well. Set aside.

In a large bowl combine the eggs & cheese, mix well. (our favorite is cheddar cheese) Add the zucchini mixture & stir till well blended.

Use Dijon mustard to paint inside of crust. ( I used a thicker layer of dijon one time & did not like it. I use about 1 t. of it, but you can use more if you like it.) Fill the pie crust with the zucchini mixture & bake for 18-20 minutes. (I added another 5 minutes to lighlty brown on top) Allow to stand for 10 minutes before cutting & serving.


It is so good. I served it with tossed salad that had fresh broccoli out of the garden in it, & melons. Not a piece of meat to be found & I thought it was good!


3 comments:

Memories of yesterday said...

Thank you!!!

Dawn said...

Jane, I am stealing all your zucchini recipes. Thank you from the bottom of my toes!!!

Gina said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! This recipe sounds great! Thanks for the idea! I'm wondering how many times I can feed my family zucchini this summer before they complain! Gina