Monday, October 27, 2008

Roast, Potatoes & Carrots

This is one of my all time FAVORITE meals! I don't really have a recipe for my roast.
I brown in all sides in a skillet. I usually brown it in bacon grease, but canola oil is fine.
Then place it in a large crockpot. Add potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, salt, & pepper. I usually add a cup or so of water. You can add any seasonings you want. I cook this all day on low. Sometimes I don't add potatoes so we can have mashed potatoes instead.
And on this day we had sliced tomatoes to go with it, so it made it a perfect meal!

1 comment:

Lorrie said...

Jane,
Thanks for stopping by Mommy Stays Home and commenting on my kitchen tip.
I liked your post in seasoning skillets. It's too bad I don't have one. I think my mom might. I will have to see.
I hope you will visit Mommy Stays Home again. Tell all your friends to come by. I love helping moms make that huge leap from working mom to SAHM.