Thursday, September 27, 2007

Banana Bread

This morning I ate warm banana bread slathered in butter.
mmmm.....
This picture is from some I made this summer.

This recipe is pretty basic & is the recipe we got in jr. high home ec. class. (lol)

Banana Bread
2 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1/2 c. shortning
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 1/4 c. mashed bananas (a just use 3 or 4 bananas, I never measure)
1/2 - 1 cup chopped nuts (opt)

Grease & flour 2 bread pans. Mix flour, soda, & baking powder & set aside. Cream shortning & sugar, add eggs & blend well. Add flour with bananas alternatly, beating well after each addition. Fold in nuts. Pour into prepared pans & let set for 10 minutes. Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes. I usually put foil losely over the pans & then remove it during the last 15 minutes.

I also use this recipe to make mini muffins. I like to make a bunch at a time & then have a dozen or so in freezer bags. Makes it pretty easy to just defrost & serve. Especially for the younins'. :)

1 comment:

Lori L said...

I'm making your banana bread recipe today!