Saturday, May 10, 2008

Chocolate Sheet Cake!

Oh.My.Goodness.
This Chocolate Sheet Cake is AMAZING!
Look, it's SO BIG that I didn't even get the whole thing in the picture. I have also seen this called Texas Sheet Cake, because of the size.
I first saw this over at Pioneer Woman Cooks & this is her recipe.
I have also seen this exact same recipe only with 1 t. of cinnamon added.
This is an old fashioned cake & one of my ALL TIME FAVORITES!




Pioneer Woman Chocolate Sheet Cake
Combine in a mixing bowl & then set aside:
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt

In a saucepan, melt 2 sticks butter.
Add 4 heaping tablespoons cocoa. Stir together.
Add 1 cup boiling water, allow mixture to boil for 30 seconds, then turn off heat.
Pour over flour mixture, and stir lightly to cool.
In measuring cup, pour 1/2 cup buttermilk. Add 2 beaten eggs, 1 teaspoon baking soda, &
1 teaspoon vanilla. Stir buttermilk mixture into butter/chocolate mixture. Pour into sheet cake pan and bake at 350-degrees for 20 minutes.

While cake is baking, make icing:
Chop 1/2 cup pecans finely & set aside.
Melt 1 3/4 sticks butter in a saucepan. Add 4 heaping tablespoons cocoa, stir to combine, then turn off heat. Add 6 tablespoons milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 lb powdered sugar (almost 4 cups) & stir together. Add pecans, stir together, and pour over warm cake.


Eat warm.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
It is heaven.






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Another one of my "family" recipes, just on the other side of the family! We call it Fudge Cake but I think I've heard it called Texas sheet cake. SOOO good!

Jane said...

It's going to be a "family" recipe here too, Claire. I LOVE this cake.
Fudge Cake is a great name for it!