Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Books Read in 2014

Now that February is nearing an end, I am finally remembering to enter my list of books I read in 2014.
I am posting this later each year.

I try to read a mix of Classics, fiction, & non fiction. I always read at least one of my dad's books, & this year I read his copy of Joy in the Morning, by Betty Smith. This was by far my favorite Betty Smith book. She also wrote A Tree Grows in Brooklyn & Maggie Now. I enjoyed a time travel book that was written in the 1970's. I have also been reading through the Little House books, because I never read them as a girl. I read the 1st one, & then read it to our daughter when she was young. And I also read the first couple books to our son. I think I ended up reading Little House in the Big Woods 3 or 4 times, but I never even came close to finishing all of the books. Now I just have one more to go. I have enjoyed reading them. For my Bible reading this year I read The Apologetics Study Bible (HCSB) I also enjoyed reading East of Eden & A Christmas Carol. I also really enjoyed Fannie Flagg's newest, The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion. The non fiction book that I read was Out of the Depths: An Unforgettable WW2 Story of Survival, Courage, & the Sinking of the USS Indianapolis by Edgar Harrell, & David Harrell. I learned a lot about why the Indianapolis was not even noticed as being late in arriving, & I have to say that it was a bit shocking. My dad served in the Pacific during WW2, & I know he would have enjoyed this book. He may have read it, because I think it was originally published a while back. I also loved the newest Mitford series book, Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good. And the Miss Julia books always give me a good laugh. I love her.
Well, that's it then. Until next year!



13 Easy Tomato Recipes by Joyce Zborower


30 Delicious Ice Cream Cake Recipes by Lori Burke


84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff


A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens


A Woman's Guide to Reading the Bible in a Year by Diane Storty


By the Shores of Silver Lake by Laura Ingalls Wilder


Crazy Jacob by Jim Ware


Daily Wisdom for Women January 2014 by Barbour Publishing Inc.


East of Eden by John Steinbeck


Hatchet by Gary Paulsen


Holy Bible (NASB Giant Print)


I still Dream about You by Fannie Flagg


Iron Scouts of the Confederacy by Lee McGiffin


Joy in the Morning by Betty Smith


Little Town on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder


Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen


Man of the Family (Little Britches #2) By Ralph Moody


Miss Julia's School of Beauty (Miss Julia #6) by Ann B. Ross


Out of the Depths: An Unforgettable WW2 Story of Survival, Courage, & the Sinking of the USS Indianapolis by Edgar Harrell, & David Harrell


Rosa by Elaine Cunningham


Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good (Mitford #10) by Jan Karon


The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion by Fannie Flagg


The Apologetics Study Bible (HCSB)


The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald


The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder


The Monuments Men by Robert M. Edsel



The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency (No. 1 Detective Agency #1) by Alexander Smith McCall



The Prayer Box by Lisa Wingate



These Happy Golden Years by Laura Ingalls Wilder



Things That Matter by Charles Krauthammer



Time and Again by Jack Finney



Under My Skin: A Kid's Guide to Atopic Dermatitis by Karen Crowe



Waking Kate by Sarah Addison Allen

2 comments:

Leann said...

Jane, this is Leann... you have me freaked out a bit with disappearing on FB. Please let me know you are ok! <3

Jane said...

I'm so sorry you freaked out a bit! I did not leave fb, but I have been locked out of my account & fb is requiring me to upload my ID! I am working on it... I sent you a private message on goodreads. To make sure you see this I'm going to copy/paste this to your blog. :)