Saturday, May 17, 2008

Cucumber Sauce

This is a new favorite. We had baked salmon tonight, & I made this cucumber sauce that was a combination of a cucumber sauce I saw in Taste of Home Magazine a few months ago, & a sauce called tzatziki, which is a cucumber sauce for gyros. The recipe I have for tzatziki can be found here.
Here's the recipe I used tonight:
Cucumber Sauce
2 Cups fat free sour cream
2 cups cucumbers (about 2 meium cucumbers)
3 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
1 t. dried dill weed
1/2 tsp. salt
Skin the cucumber & shred it using a grater. Drain it on doubled (or tripled!) paper towel & squeeze as much water out of it as you can.
In a small bowl combine the shredded, drained cucumber, sour cream, garlic, dill weed & salt. Stir well & chill for a few hours before serving.
Oh.My.Goodness.
DELICIOUS!
And....now that I can make the sauce, I'm going to have to learn how to make gyros!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmmm...I love tzatzikik and get to go to a gyro restaurant tomorrow for our pediatric block party! YAY!!! Looks great.

Jane said...

Oh Claire! I'm jealous! :)
I.Love.Gyros.
Hope you enjoyed them!