Saturday, January 3, 2009

Books I Read in 2008

Here's my list of books that I read during 2008:

1001 Gardening Secrets The Experts Never Tell You by the editors fo FC&A Publishing

A Light in the Window by Jan Karon

A Man Called Peter: The Story of Peter Marshall by Catherine Marshall

A Skating Life by Dorothy Hamill

An unpublished/untitled fantasy novel

Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

Apollyon by Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins

Assassins by Tim Lahaye & Jerry B. Jenkins

At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon

Death by Darjeeling (A Tea Shop Mystery) by Laura Childs

Julie by Catherine Marshall

Life's Journeys According to Mister Rogers Things to Remember Along the Way by Fred Rogers

Macbeth by William Shakespeare

Magic Elizabeth by Norma Kassirer

Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind by Ann B. Ross

Miss Julia Takes Over by Ann B. Ross

Mistaken Identity by Don & Susie Van Ryn and Newell, Colleen & Whitney Cerak

Nicolae by Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins

Obsessed by Ted Dekker

Parenting Isn't For Cowards by Dr. James C. Dobson

Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis

Rachael Ray YUM-O The Family Cookbook

Recipes from the Herbal Kitchen by Prevention Health Books

Soul Harvest by Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins

The Beginner's Bible (reading aloud to 5 year old son)

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

The Indwelling by Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins

The Last Sin Eater by Francine Rivers

The Lord of the Rings (The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, & The Return of the King) by J.R.R. Tolkien

The Mark by Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins

The Message by Eugene Peterson

The New Testament NIV

The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan

The Strong-Willed Child by Dr. James C. Dobson

The Way They Learn by Cynthia Ulrich Tobias

The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Down by Neta Jackson

The Yada-Yada Prayer Group by Neta Jackson

When Christ Comes by Max Lucado

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow...you did a lot better than I did! I think I finished maybe 3-4 books, and that includes my devotional book!

Leann said...

Hi Jane! Love your list... you can really tell where a person is in their life by the book lists they keep. ;) It has been a skating, assassins, escape to Mitford, Macbeth, Obsessed, parenting isn't for cowards, strong willed/way they learn double Bible reading ready for Christ's return kinda life for you this year. LOL Great list!

Jane said...

Hi Claire,
It was only a few years ago that I was able to get back to reading more. Years ago I would always have a book in my hand, or at least within reach. But then we had another youngin' (our soon to be 6 year old) & life just got so busy & hectic that I slowed way down on the reading. I'm still super busy, & some days I may just get a half a page read, but because I love reading so much I am finding times to do it. :) Even if it's a page a day, although I'd prefer it to be more. :)

Leann! That was awesome! LOL I LOVED the way you worded that! It tickled my funny bone. You hit the nail on the head. LOL