Monday, November 26, 2007

Turkey (or Chicken) Casserole

I remembered that I have a lot going on tomorrow, so I thought I should put this recipe on here today, or I might not get to it tomorrow.

This recipe has no noodles, it's more of a dressing type of casserole.

As you can see in the picture, I had to make this in my oldest pie pan! I had used up all my 8x8 pans & all my deep dish pie pans for the casseroles I was freezing. I do line the pans with saran wrap so I can lift the froozen casserole out, then wrap more securely in foil & store them in the freezer that way so that my pans aren't in use in the freezer when I need them. But still, they hadn't frozen solid enough yet by last evening to take them out (I like to freeze them for at least 24 hours before removing them from the pan). So I was down to my oldest pie pan. lol



Turkey (or chicken) Casserole
Mix:
1 C. milk
1 C. turkey or chicken stock
2 eggs, beaten
1 onion, diced
salt, papper, celery salt, any other seasoning you like. I also added garlic powder, sage, thyme, & basil.
3 C. turkey or chicken, cut up
3 C. soft bread crumbs, cubed (if it's still a bit soupy, I add another slice of bread, cubed)
Pour into greased 2 qt. baking dish. (pie pan will do *snicker*)
I set mine in 1 inch of water & bake at 350 for 1.5 hours. I usually start checking it after 1 hour. I freeze this (obviously...lol), I let it set out for about 30 min. then put right in the oven, covered with foil. I usually bake it an hour, maybe more if it needs it.

No comments: