Sunday, February 10, 2008

Poppyseed Chicken

I got this recipe over at Claire's Cooking is Medicine.

We just tried it the other night & it was really good.

Poppy Seed Chicken
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, boiled and cubed
1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
1 can 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
16 oz low fat sour cream

2 Tablespoons poppy seeds
1 sleeve or less Ritz (or other butter style) crackers, smashed
1/2 stick melted margarine

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare chicken as directed - I've found the best way to boil chicken is to put it in the water, bring to a boil for a few minutes (less than five), turn off the heat, and let it sit (covered) for a couple of hours; this produces a VERY tender chicken.
In a 13X9 pan, place the chicken. Stir soups and sour cream together in a bowl. Pour this mixture over the chicken. Sprinkle the crackers over the chicken. Now pour the margarine over the crackers or spray with Pam. Sprinkle the poppy seeds over the dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. You can also prepare and freeze...just wait to put the crackers and poppy seeds on when you are ready to serve it!

Thank you Claire! It was delicious!

(the only thing I did differently was that I did simmer my chicken for about an hour)



I served it with broccoli souffle & corn. (broccoli souffle is one of my all time favorite dishes....I'll post that recipe sometime soon)




3 comments:

Unknown said...

So, so glad that you liked it! It looks like it turned out fantastic. Broccoli is one of the best things to go with it and yours looks great!

Thistlemoon said...

Wow, it sounds so interesting. I mean I have had poppyseed dressing on grilled chicken salads, so why not this!

Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll, Jane!

Jane said...

Claire, we did really like it.
Thanks!

Jenn, thanks for the welcome!