Friday, January 25, 2013

Books Read in 2012

Yep, it's clear that I am unable to keep up this blog. This makes it 3 years now that the only post I have made is my list of books read for the year. Maybe someday I can get back to it. In the meantime, I can at least copy & paste the list of books I read this year. The number of books read this last year went down quite a bit, and that is because I had a very busy year again. Also, some of the books were big ones (LOL...).
I like variety when I read, so each year along with fiction I like to read some biographies, some theology, along with some science fiction, & some classics. Most of the books I read this year were wonderful, & only one or two that I didn't really care for. I really enjoyed reading The Hobbit with our now 10 year old son. I loved 11/22/63 by Stephen King. It was NOT a horror-I can't read horror-but a great sci-fi time travel book. I would love to re-read this one. The theology that I enjoyed this year were books by J. Vernon McGee & Charles Stanley & both were re-reads because I love them very much. I like to read some of my dad's books each year, & this year I read his really old copy of Evangeline by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. I read a lot of John Steinbeck this year & was amazed by his writing. I also read Jane Eyre this year. I thought I would not like it at all & I really enjoyed it. I was also very moved by Elie Weisel's Night Trilogy. Elie is a holocaust survivor. One of my favorite books this year was Hinds' Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard. I want to own a copy of this book. I also wrapped up the Mitford series this year & even read the two Father Tim novels that continue his story. I didn't read as many books as some previous years, but I did have a really good year of reading.

11/22/63 by Stephen King

90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper with Cecil Murphey

Archaeological Study Bible

Doctrine for Difficult Days by J. Vernon McGee

Evangeline by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder

Hinds' Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard

Home to Holly Springs by Jan Karon

In the Company of Others by Jan Karon

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Jesus Among Other Gods by Ravi Zacharias

Jesus Calling: A 365 Day Journaling Devotional by Sarah Young

Julia's Kitchen Wisdom by Julia Child

Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly & Martin Dugard

Kindred by Octavia Butler

Light From Heaven (Mitford series#9) by Jan Karon

Miss Julia Throws a Wedding by Ann B. Ross

Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

On What Grounds (Coffeehouse Mystery #1) by Cleo Coyle

Shepherds Abiding (Mitford Series #8) by Jan Karon

The Didymus Contingency by Jeremy Robinson

The Giver by Lois Lowry

The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot

The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards

The Night Trilogy: Night, Dawn, The Accident by Elie Wiesel

The Sinking of the Titanic and Great Sea Disasters by Logan Marshall (copyright 1912)

The Wonderful Spirit Filled Life by Charles Stanley

No comments: