Sunday, January 4, 2009

Cajun Teriyaki Chicken Sandwiches

We had these sandwiches last evening & they were delicious! My dh found this recipe for me & printed it. It has only been in my 'to be cooked' stack for about a month. I didn't know the origional source on-line for this recipe because I think he got it from one of the MS forums. I did google it, & it came up as a George Foreman Recipe.

Cajun Teriyaki Chicken Sandwiches
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
8 slices cooked bacon
4 slices cheese (any type)
4 leaves of lettuce
1 cup roasted red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
4 tbsps teriyaki sauce
4 tsps Cajun seasoning
4 sets of toasted buns

Pound chicken beasts to about 1 inch thickness. Cut into 2 equal pieces.Rub chicken with Cajun seasoning and place on a medium hot grill. Grill forabout 5 to 6 minutes or until done. Brush with teriyaki sauce and remove from grill. Assemble sandwiches with 1 chicken piece, two strips of bacon, 1 slicecheese, lettuce and 1/4 cup of roasted bell peppers.Serves: 4

This recipe is a KEEPER! We all loved it. I did use 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, & I cut them in half to make 6 sandwiches. I also forgot to buy lettuce & the sandwich was fine without it. I also *splurged* & purchased a bottle of roasted red peppers. Oh my, DELICIOUS! I've had roasted peppers before (they are delicious stuffed), but I had never put them on a sandwich. It was really REALLY good! I look forward to doing this with our green peppers next summer.
I put pepper jack cheese on half the sandwiches & monterery jack on the rest.
Also, I didn't grill them, it's too frigid here right now! I just cooked them on the stove in a little olive oil.
This is a little silly, but I must say that this frosty mug of root beer washed it all down beautifully. :)

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Thank you for sharing your recipe, Jane. You've inspired me and I went out and bought a jar of roasted red bell peppers today. Can't wait to try it! :)

Jane said...

I hope you like it Lynn! We loved them. :)