Saturday, June 14, 2008

Roasted Asparagus

We had never had asparagus before. Ever!
I am so glad I picked some up at the store thinking that I'd roast it like I did the cauliflower.
We all LOVED it.

Roasted Asparagus
1 bunch of asparagus
2 T. olive oil
salt
2 T. butter

Cut the tough ends off the asparagus. Drizzle with olive oil & salt. Stir to coat. Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes, or until tender. After you remove the pan from the oven, put the butter in the corner of the pan. Once you've removed to asparagus to your serving dish, the butter should be melted. Drizzled it over the asparagus.
YUM!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't believe you'd never had asaparagus! I love it...especially roasted! The funny thing is, if you slightly over roast and the tips get a little crispy, it kind of tastes like fried okra! :-)