Sunday, December 30, 2007

Oatmeal Peanutbutter Scotchies

These oatmeal cookies won the Mrs. Fields & iVillage 30th Anniversary Cookie Contest
Oops, that link didn't work. Here's the link to that actual cookie winner:
http://photos.ivillage.com/food/mrsfields/2007/04/oatmeal_peanut_butter_scotchie.html
I also saw Claire make them here:
http://cookiedoc.blogspot.com/2007/12/cooking-with-kaitlyn.html
I also saw them over at Cookie Madness, but now I can't find her link.
We really love oatmeal scotchies, so we really enjoyed these too.
Here they are in a cookie jar my s-i-l gave me years ago.
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Scotchies
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups chunky peanut butter (not the sugar free kind)
4 1/2 cups rolled oats (can do all old fashioned or do half old fashioned and half instant depending on your texture preferences)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 whole eggs
2 tsp baking soda
1 bag of butterscotch chips
3/4 cup chopped pecans
Cream butter, peanut butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Stir in oats, soda, butterscotch chips and nuts until combined. Drop by spoonful on a greased cookie sheet or use parchment paper. Bake 350 degrees for 12 minutes (brown on bottom and some browning on top). Cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack. Makes 72 cookies.

And these are delicious with tea for breakfast. Oatmeal is a breakfast food, right?
:)




I really love our Christmas plates. My brother got them for us one year, & we always use them now in December. Helps to put us in the Christmas mood. It's now about time to pack them up for the year.

3 comments:

Windy said...

Jane I LOOOOVE the recipes you post!! They are NOT however helping my diet!! haha. Love- Windy from W@H

Unknown said...

Glad you tried these...I liked them, too. That snowman mug is so cute...snowmen are my favorite!!!

Jane said...

Hey thanks, Windy!

And Claire, these are good, aren't they. I'm sorry I miss spelled your name...I fixed it.
:) I cannot WAIT to make your mint brownies!!!