Saturday, November 3, 2007

BEEF STROGANOFF


We love Beef Stroganoff. I didn't make if for years, I guess I was intimidated by it so I just bought it frozen. A few years ago I found this recipe on the back of Light & Fluffy noodles. It is SO GOOD.
Beef Stroganoff
1-1/2 pounds boneless beef round, cut into 1 in. cubes
1 onion, chopped
3 T. butter or marg.
1 can beef broth
1 T. Worchestershire sauce
1 4 oz. can sliced mushrooms, undrained
1 C. sour cream
1/4 c. flour
3/4 package of light & fluffy noodles
Saute beef cubes & onion in butter until browned. Add broth & worchestershire sauce; cover & simmer for 1 hour, or until beef is tender, (stir occasionally). Add mushrooms with liquid. Combine sour cream & flour & blend into meat mixture & cook 5 minutes or until thickened.
Meanwhile, cook noodles by directions on package & drain. Add to meat mixture. Stir & serve.
We like this with mashed potatoes & some kind of veggie, like green beans or corn.
This is really good comfort food, especially good in cool/cold weather. :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

My family also loves Beef Stroganoff, we've been making it for many years, and we always look forward to leftovers. "Great job on the photo" I came across your site through Tammy's recipes. I have to say... I have had a hard time leaving, due to the beautiful songs. Will you please tell me who sings them? I've enjoyed them so much, that I have written down the words to three of the songs.
You can email me at reservations@wittpiersstarisland.com
Thanks so much, and happy holidays.