Sunday, December 9, 2007

CARAMEL DIPPING SAUCE


Our daughter had this at chuch a few weeks ago & had a fit at how good it was.
So I told her to get the recipe. I was suprised to see that it had sour cream in it. She said that all she knew was that it tasted like caramel & that it was very good. So we bought some sour cream & made a double batch - which was a mistake (sort of) because it makes a lot. :)
Caramel Dipping Sauce
1 Stick of butter
1 C. brown sugar
1 8oz. sour cream
1 t. vanilla
Melt butter & brown sugar on top of stove. Add sour cream & vanilla. Let it simmer for about 1 minute. Let it cool down & then refrigerate.
We couldn't wait that long & we had some warm. We dipped apple into it & it was delicious. Because it was still warm, it was a little runny. Well, not really runny, just not 'thick, caramel like', if that makes sense. We have a lot since I doubled the recipe so I had to put it in a Country Crock butter bowl. It filled it about 3/4 full! LOL
The next day I got the munchies & pulled out a bag of pretzles to dip in it. Oh my goodness.....SO GOOD. You know how sweet & salty go so well together!
You do taste the sour cream, but believe it or not, it still tastes like caramel. Or maybe even a little butterscotchy.
It is good. I was trying to think of something else to dip into it & I thought it might be good drizzled on BROWNIES !

No comments: