Saturday, November 24, 2007

Robin's Caramel Pecan Pie

My very 1st email pen pal, Robin, gave me this recipe quite a few years ago.
We LOVE this pecan pie, & I have made it for Thanksgiving & Christmas every year since then. This recipe for pecan pie uses kraft caramels instead of karo syrup.
I can't remember how long ago it was she gave me this recipe. It was at least more than 5 years ago, because I know we had the old computer & lived at the old house. I'm thinking it was the late 90's!

The caramel is WONDERFUL with pecans. They were actually so beautiful melting in the pan with the butter, that I had to take a spap. :)


Robin's Caramel Pecan Pie

36 Kraft Caramels
1/4 c. water
1/4 c. margarine
3/4 c. sugar
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. vanilla extract
3 eggs, beaten
1 c. pecan halves
1 deep dish unbaked pie shell


Melt caramels with water and marg. in a saucepan over low heat. Stir occasionally until smooth. Combine sugar, salt, vanilla, & eggs. Gradually add caramel sauce & mix well. Stir in pecan halves. Pour into pie shell, bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Pie filling will appear to be very soft, but it becomes firm as it cools.


This is delicious!
Thank you Robin!!!

No comments: