Sunday, December 16, 2007

DAD'S HOT CHOCOLATE MIX


I know this is a common recipe, but I call it Dad's Hot Chocolate Mix because he always made it. He always made a huge batch & kept it in a HUGE tupperware thing. Then he'd fill empty coffee jars (the instant coffee jars) & give them to us. He'd always refill them too.
I have 1 jar left that he gave me. I enjoy drinking it, but am sort of dreading finishing this jar.
I'll just have to start making it myself. That would make him happy. :)


DAD'S HOT CHOCOLATE MIX
1 Box (8 oz.) non-fat instant powdered milk
1 box (16 oz.) Quick chocolate milk mix
1 jar (11 oz.) powdered coffee creamer
3/4 c. powdered sugar
Mix all ingredience together & store in coffee cans or large tupperware. When ready to use, mix 1/3 cup into 1 cup of boiling water. ( I think my dad made
double double batches of this!)
I love creamy hot chocolate, so I never use water, I use milk.
Sometimes I put marshmellows on top, & sometimes whipped cream like the picture. And it looks really fancy to sprinkle just a pinch of chocolate milk mix powder on the whipped cream.
I drank the above cup of hot chocolate after watching the kids play in the snow, & wearing furry warm slippers while reading a Christmas letter from a friend.
It was perfect.
:)

No comments: