Saturday, October 11, 2008

Orange-Pineapple Ice Cream

It's been a while since I posted an ice cream recipe.
Here's one that comes from an old, very yellowed recipe card. This recipe is from my Aunt Nora.

Orange-Pineapple Ice Cream
2 C. milk
2 C. strained orange juice
2 C. pineapple juice
1/4 C. cornstarch
1/3 C. flour
5 eggs, separated
2 C. sugar
1/2 t. salt
2 T. vanilla ( I used less)
4 C. cream

Mix flour, cornstarch, sugar, & salt, set aside.
Beat egg yolks, add milk & juices. Stir this a little at a time into the flour mixture.
Cook until thick. Add vanilla & cool. Strain if lumpy. (Mine wasn't lumpy, but I did strain it anyway. I was glad I did as I got 7 or 8 little white slimy looking things...it was just cornstarch things, but it was good to get them out.) Cool completely & then pour into large ice cream freezer. Add cream & beaten egg whites. Crank freezer for about 20 minutes. If you have an electric freezer, finish according to your ice cream freezer's directions.

We tried this for the first time this week. Oh my. It is SO GOOD. The orange-pineapple gives it such a refreshing taste. And of course the milk & cream give it an unbelievable creamy texture & taste.
This goes to near the top of my favorites list.
We had this snack this afternoon with this ice cream.

This might just be called divine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

obviously you are trying to kill me