Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Lemon Bars

This is an easy recipe for lemon bars. I've had this recipe since I was around 14 years old. I was the manager of the girls swimming team during my 9th & 10th grades in high school. One of the girls brought these for us to snack on as we were driven to an "away meet". We all raved about how good they were & the girl's mom made copies of the recipe for us. It's nearly 30 years later & I'm still making these lemon bars.

Lemon Bars
(crust)
Yellow cake mix (pudding in the mix)
1 egg
1/3 c. oil

(creamy part)
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1/3 C. sugar
1 t. lemon juice
1 egg

Mix cake mix, egg, & oil until crumbly. Take out 1 cup of mixture & set aside for topping.
Press the rest of the mixture into a 9X13 pan & bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
While the crust is baking, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg, & lemon juice. Spread this over the baked crust layer. Sprinkle the reserved crumbs on the top. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
(the original recipe said to bake 15 minutes, but this is way too long in my oven. So if your oven runs a little cooler, you may need an extra 5 minutes.)

Sorry I haven't been around here lately. We've just been busy with school, babysitting kids, & graduation plans.

No comments: