Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Lemon Poppyseed Amish Friendship Bread

To my very few readers, I am so sorry that I haven't posted in so long! I haven't put anything on here since July 4th. That may be the longest I've ever "been away". I've just been really busy, that's all. I have continued to take pictures of food & even tried quite a bit of new foods this month, so I have a lot of material to post!
Since I posted about Amish Friendship Bread, I wanted to post some of the variations of this delicious bread. One of my husband's favorite is Lemon Poppyseed. One recipe of Amish Friendship Bread makes 2 loaf pans, or you could use just one bundt pan (& that sure helps if you're making more than one batch).


Lemon Poppyseed Amish Friendship Bread

On day 10, after you have "fed your starter" & seperated new starters into different bags, there should be about 1 cup of starter left in your bowl.
To this add:
1 cup of oil (or 1/2 cup applesauce & 1/2 cup oil)
1/2 cup milk
3 eggs
1 tsp. lemon extract

Mix this well with your wooden (or plastic) spoon.

In a separate bowl, mix:
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 small boxes lemon instant pudding
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
2-3 T. poppy seeds


Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture & mix thoroughly. Pour into 2 large, well -greased loaf pans (OR 1 BUNDT PAN) that have been coated with with a thin coating of flour.
Bake at 325 for 1 hour


You don't need any icing on this, just slice & eat!
If you do want some icing, just add a little water & a little lemon juice to some powdered sugar to make a nice glaze to drizzle over the top.
I used to make this Lemon Poppyseed recipe a few years ago & I put it in mini muffin pans. It makes wonderful mini muffins. I made so many that I had our freezer stocked with them for a long time!


I sure hope to be better about getting on here & posting some recipes!

1 comment:

bloggingmom said...

Thank you. Just what I was looking for!