Monday, November 19, 2007

Thankful for harvest

Just a few words to say how thankful I am for EVERYTHING God has blessed us with.
I am so thankful for my Lord & Savior. I can never say thank you enough times for the forgivness I have for all of my sins because of the sacrifice Christ Jesus made.
I am so thankful for my family.
And I am thankful for the bountiful harvest that God blessed us with.
We had a HUGE crop of zucchini, a nice large crop of tomatoes, a good crop of green peppers, green beans, broccoli & radishes. And a wonderful, bountiful crop of corn.
And here's a picture of some of the freezer corn.


It was so worth all this work & all this work!
It does not taste like it came out of the freezer. :)
It tastes like fresh, sweet corn right off the cob.
And easy cooking instructions!
Remove corn from freezer & open ziplock bag.
Microwave for 1 minute.
Pour into bowl & add 1 T. butter & some salt & pepper.
Microwave for another minute or 2.
Done!
We'll probably have this at least once a week & should have enough to last us through spring or early summer.
Thank you Lord our Provider!

No comments: