Friday, January 9, 2009

Birthday Week!

It's birthday week at our house!
Our little baby daughter, who was born the day after she was due, at 5 pounds 12 ounces & a whopping 21 inches long.....turned EIGHTEEN years old on Monday!
Ever since my friend Lori gave me the recipe for Creme de Menthe cake a few years ago, she always requests it for her birthday. It is delicious! You can find the recipe here.
(just ignore that first picture though, that was the first time I made it & I only used a little Hershey's candy bar. I now use the great big one they sell, & we totally cover the cake in chocolate curls. That first picture looks pretty sad....LOL)

And on Thurdsay, our little baby boy who was born a week before he was due, at 5 pounds 14 ounces, 19 1/4 inches long....turned SIX years old! Oh my goodnes, time really does fly! He is such a big boy!
He saw a tractor cake at WalMart last summer & said that was what he wanted. Instead of buying their $20 cake, I made one exactly like it. Nevermind the smudge in the 'dirt', that's where we had the candle in it last evening. I forgot to take a picture of just the cake until after we took the candle out.

We are so thankful to God for blessing us with these wonderful children!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Birthdays are so much fun! That top cake looks delicious...hope y'all had fun.