Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Kitchen Tip Tuesday

I thought of a new tip. I keep thinking that I'm out of tips, & then I'll think of one more.
My tip this week is for no mess meat defrosting. Many times I have removed meat from the freezer & just stuck it in the refrigerator to thaw. It's kind of a gamble to do that though, because every now & again the package will leak blood as it thaws. Ewwwww...
An easy fix for this is to put it down in a plastic grocery bag. I know that they sometimes have little holes in the bottom, so sometimes I even double bag it. I also set the meat on a paper towel down in the bag. Double bagging & paper towel usually does the trick! It saves a gross clean up.

To see more kitchen tips, please visit Tammy's Recipes.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

This is a good idea, I sometimes will put it on a plate, but this saves me from having to dirty up a dish!

Amanda @ Mommy's Idea Book said...

Like Lisa, I usually put mine on a plate also with a paper towel underneath. I hadn't thought of putting it in a grocery bag. Thanks for the idea.