Sunday, December 28, 2008

Touchdown Taco Dip

I can't believe this is the only picture I have of this touchdown taco dip. I have made it enough times that you'd think I'd have a better picture. At least I should have placed some tortilla chips around it. Well, I found this picture & thought it would be a good time to post it. It's a great New Year's Eve dip to have on hand. Everyone always loves it & there's never any left over.
I got this recipe about 10 years ago from one of my babysitting parents. She was selling Pampered Chef on the side, & shared this recipe with me that was in one of her booklets. If I remember right, she had given a Pampered Chef party around super bowl time & this dip was one of the appetizers. So that explains the name of the dip. Although we've never been football fans around here, the name of this dip has stuck.
Touchdown Taco Dip
1 can re-fried beans
1 c. sour cream
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
2 T. taco seasoning mix
shredded cheese OR nacho cheese
diced tomatoes
green onions
olives
1. Spread the refried beans in the bottom of a 8x8 pan.
2. In a mixing bowl mix the sour cream, cream cheese, & taco seasoning mix until smooth. Spread this over the top of the refried beans.
3. You can then either sprinkle with shredded cheese or nacho cheese. The origional recipe calls for shredded cheese, but I find this too stringy & we prefer the nacho cheese.
4. Bake at 350 until cheese melts & layers are heated through (about 10 minutes)
5. Remove from oven & sprinkle with tomatoes, onions, & olives.
We really LOVE this dip. It is so easy to make & I usually double this recipe & put it in a 9x13 pan. My friend Dana & her sweet girls enjoyed snacking on this when they came to visit us last summer.
You can click here to see our usual New Year's Eve snacks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this dip...it is SO good!

Anonymous said...

Jane, this recipe looks great!!