Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Homemade Hand Cranked Ice Cream

This summer I was given one of my dad's ice cream freezers. He LOVED ice cream, especially if it was homemade. We grew up using these really old hand crank freezers.

We have made ice cream 3 times this summer. I cannot believe that I had forgotten how creamy delicious it is!

1st we made vanilla:


Then we made chocolate. It is a light chocolate, sort of like a Wendy's Frosty. YUM




And then we made strawberry.



We have a black walnut tree, so I'd really like to harvest the nuts this year & make black walnut ice cream. And then make some more vanilla. Then some more chocolate, lol, then some more strawberry. I even remember making peanut butter ice cream once when I was a kid! Maybe we'll even try that!

1 comment:

Lori L said...

If I keep checking out your blog and looking at this homemade ice cream we're just going to have to make some ourselves! Yummm! You have the funniest blog!